|Name||Delivery Start||Delivery End||Futures Price||Cash Price||Price Change|
All grain prices are subject to change at any time.
Cash bids are based on 10-minute delayed futures prices, unless otherwise noted.
West Des Moines, Iowa (50266)
- Hog Complex Mostly Higher
- Lean hog futures were mixed going into the weekend. The nearbys were 5 to 90 cents stronger at the close, while deferred contracts fell 17 to 25 cents on Friday. USDA’s National Average Base hog price was $104.59 on Friday afternoon, down by 72 cents. The CME Lean Hog Index...
- Cattle Close Black Heading into Weekend
- Pre report positioning left futures 42 to 70 cents in the black for the weekend. USDA has confirmed cash trade has been moderate through Thursday with the bulk gravitating towards $120 and $198 for live and dressed. Northern sales have remained above the South’s market, at aprx. $120-$125 and $117-$120...
- Friday Cotton Found Strength
- After giving back most of Thursday’s gains, front month cotton prices were mixed to mostly weaker at the close. Going into the weekend, prices were down 9 to 20 points as the new crops rallied back 40-60 points. October closed in the black on afternoon’s rally but just by 5...
- Friday Wheat Drops into Close
- Wheat futures ended the session in the red. CBT SRW futures were 4 1/4 to 8 1/4 cents in the red. KC HRW futures closed the session 4 1/2 cents in the red, with Sept ending the week 12 cents below the start. MGE spring wheat prices were 19 to...
- Corn Drops Double Digits Ahead of the Weekend
- Going into the weekend, front month corn futures were 10 1/4 to 18 1/4 cents weaker. December prices ended the week with a 22 1/2 cent loss from Monday’s open. Food grade corn oil reported in USDA’s weekly National Ag Energy Round-Up was 12% stronger to 71.63 cents/lb. CFTC data...
- Beans Close with Double Digit Losses
- Front month soybean prices ended the last trade day of the week with losses of 3 1/4 to 15 1/2 cents. August was the sharpest drop, but remained above the round number $14/bu going into the weekend. USDA announced a large export sale for 100k MT of new crop beans...